Sunday 17 July 2011

Famous Last Words

“Woo hoo I’m back” was my last blog post and I can’t believe that was nearly a month ago, so much for my resolution to blog more. And I couldn’t even tell you what I’ve been doing this past month to keep me too busy to blog other than the usual work routine, oh and I did join a gym and take up zumba classes but somehow I just haven’t fallen back into my blog routine.

So it seemed like perfect timing when I came across ‘What’s your blogging routine?’ via @blogcoaching101. Thinking it would give me tips on how to get back in the habit of writing and making time for bloggging. Instead it reminded me of all the other stuff I should be doing in addition to blogging like:


*Commenting on other blogs
*Tweeting
*Sharing content on linked in
*And continue to learn more about the ever evolving world of social media (e.g figuring out what the hell google + is and how it works! )

So this week I have been a bit more socially active, articles I’ve been reading and sharing include:

*The impact of Twitter on TV shows
*Worlds 10 fastest growing Facebook sites
*5 Marketing Lessons from Harry Potter (via @HubSpot)
*Turn your LinkedIn Profile into a beautiful resume in seconds (via @issl)
*Why people follow brands on Facebook infographic (via @HubSpot)
*10 Terrific New Twitter Infographics in 2011(via @HubSpot)
*7 Social Media Tools Every Business Should Use(Via @davepeck)BUT if you don't have iphone or ipad then its only 5 tools

I’ve also been active on Tweepi – following over 30 people who have followed me recently (it also a feature to unfollow (flush) people you are following who haven’t followed you back)

And discovered Formulists thanks to AskAaronLee a great new way to organise your twitter lists by topic, by recently followed, by engagement. You can build 2 lists for free, and if you register with my invitation link http://goo.gl/MypSI we both get an extra list free. Then send out your own invite and when they register you both get one free list too!

And to finish things off - my inspirational quotes of the week

"Dreams are the touchstones of our character. - Henry David Thoreau" (via @blogcoaching101)

“Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have. — Unknown” (via @AnnTran_)

"The Beauty You See In Others, Lies In Yourself." via @FredCuellar

“There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. - Henry Ford” (via @blogcoaching101)

What's been inspiring you this week?